If you don’t want to clean up the mess of fireplace burning, go for the Gas Fireplace. Transform your cool evenings cozier with the warming glow from the hearth. Knowing how to light a gas fireplace will help you achieve a toasty fire.
Note: Always try to consider checking the manual for specific instructions. And be careful while following the gas lightning activities.
How to Start Gas Fireplace?
First, you need to do some preparation before lightening a gas fireplace. Keep in mind the below points to light a gas fireplace:
- Next, become familiar with the unit to avoid any confusion.
- Use a lighter or long match to open a gas valve. Similarly, you can open a gas fireplace with an ignitor switch on the control panel.
- To get access to the burner, remove the front cover of the fireplace.
- Turn off the control panels pilot knob and wait for 5 minutes. After that, it will clear out the lingering or excessive gas.
Secret Tip: Always open the chimney vent before starting a gas or wood-burning fireplace.
Tip 1: Light a Gas Fireplace with a Control Panel
The Control panel possesses a red ignitor pilot knob and a control dial. Follow the steps below to light a gas fireplace with a control panel:
- First, turn off the control knob from the pilot position.
- Then, to send gas into the system, push the pilot knob in.
- Now you need to make multiple attempts to light the igniter button. Push the button every second until the light turns on.
- Once it’s ignited, keep down the pilot button for 15 to 30 seconds. It will warm up the thermocouple.
- If you see the flame stays lit, rotate the pilot knob to turn it on.
- You can set the flames according to your requirement with the high or low switch.
- Finally, reattach the screen over the control panel.
Tip 2: Use a Key Valve or Hex Key
The gas fireplaces allow you to control the gas flow with a valve or hex key.
- Pull the fuel trigger by putting a long lighter next to the burner.
- Now, turn the key in the slot to open the gas valve. After that, a pilot should light.
- Finally, replace the critical cover.
Tip 3: Start a Gas Fireplace with a Wall Switch
As it sounds, turning on a gas fireplace is very easy with an electronic ignition wall switch.
Nowadays, most gas fireplaces come with a wall switch control panel. The switch activates the unit and adjusts the level of the flame. You can conveniently turn on the button to light a gas fireplace.
Final Words by Smoky Sweeper
You can light a gas fireplace effortlessly. However, be careful while following any of the above steps. For safety, if you send any smell or your fireplace is not igniting, you should leave the house immediately and call for help.
If you are still confused about turning on the gas fireplace, you can call professional help. But, first, approach National Fireplace Institute certified gas specialist to resolve any gas fireplace issue.
Do not forget to share the tips to light a gas fireplace with your friends and family. Also, drop your comments to share your experience reading this article.
Are you looking for the best fireplace installation services in Houston, Tx?
Contact Smoky Sweeper now!